Monday, November 19, 2012

It holds sarcasm... it is true and it is not funny.

These are things I know are happening, actually, these are things we all should know happen everyday, we see them on the news, discussed in congress, we hear from them directly from our military friends and relatives but in the end life continues, it is still better than most of the world's lives and it includes enough of that mix of stress and relax to push our thoughts away from almost everything, so, we forget.
When I read The Sultan Knish article of today -Incidentism-  it was like listening to myself (if I could ever write and put together a quality article of course) and I think nothing was left out on this matter of Rules Of Engagement. No sincere person could in my opinion, disregard or deny this is the reality our troops and even our law enforcement agencies continuously face.

Once upon a time it was the objective of the military to win wars. Now the objective of the military is to avoid incidents. An incident happens when civilians are killed, prisoners mistreated or some other event that is photographed, videotaped and then flashed around the world. This results in an Incident, capital I, that triggers much artificial soul-searching by the media which spends the next two years beating...

No comments: